Monday, September 07, 2009

KCC has been up

My apologies for linking so late...

KCC over at Chana's.

Speaking of food, I'm in the process of hashing out my Rosh Hashana menu. Several new recipes are featured such as a chicken dish cooked with apples and leeks and almond-crusted chicken nuggets served with a honey-mustard dipping sauce. I'll also be making apple pie bars and a honey-carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for the shul's pre-Rosh Hashana get together.

One of the tried-and-true recipes I'll be making is a sweet and sour tongue (provided I can get a calf's tongue at the butcher).

Second day lunch will be dairy pot luck with some of the neighbors. Someone is making pasta with sun dried tomato pesto, another family is bringing Greek salad and I'll be making kid friendly potato-sweet potato latkes and maybe apple fritters. At least 2 others families have said they'll be coming. One is bringing drinks. The other, not sure yet. Wonder if any singles will be coming.

And depending on whether I get a key ingredient, I'll also be making a special dessert.

So folks, what's on your RH menu?

No comments: