Thursday, February 25, 2010

JPIX - V'Nahafoch Hu!

When I volunteered to host the February JPIX carnival I was coming off the high of having hosted my first successful Kosher Cooking Carnival and having just seen Leora's JPIX carnival in all its thumbnaily glory, I was excited to step up to the challenge.

And then reality hit me upside the head when it became apparent that blogger has.. well.. 'teh stoopid' when it comes to certain HTML capabilities. Specifically having an image as the link.

Crazy, I know! The only thing people could suggest was for me to move my blog to another host such as Word Press... well, that's not going to happen at the moment.

So I resigned myself to posting the JPIX carnival less efficiently and less prettily than my predecessor.

This morning as I was planning this post in my head, I came up with 2 gimmicks that makes me feel better about posting an entry about photos with no actual photos... First of all it's Adar so we're all about "v'nahafoch hu" - doing opposite things! And second... Now you'll have to click on ALL the links to see the photos rather than simply squint at a thumbnail and see if it's something that interests you.

Oh wait. You mean you don't do that? Uh... anyway, on to the links!

phyllis has a beautiful Chanukah photo with Don't Let the Light Go Out posted at Ima on (and off) the Bima: Real-Life Jewish Parenting. This may have been featured in the previous JPIX, but it was sent to me too. In any event, it's worth the second look.

Batya has become a picture-taking addict it seems. And she's got a wonderful eye so they're all a pleasure to look at. Here are her submissions... Yes, It's A Jerusalem Landmark, A New One, Building, Natural Growth, Reflecting on Tel Aviv and Grey Days, Winter in Israel posted at Shiloh Musings and Great Room, Though Not For The Superstitious and "Seize the Day." Shoot! posted at me-ander.

Israel has great photos from a family trip to Mexico at Ech omrim “Trajineras de Xochimilco”? posted at The Weissers' Journey to Israel.

Leora presents a beautiful series of photos of Feeding da Birds posted at Here in HP.

G6 takes us back to Purim past... very past in Purim in the 1930's posted at Guess Who's Coming To Dinner.
Sharon A shows us More White Stuff - but not the kind you're probably thinking about posted at The Real Jerusalem Streets. In addition, she takes us to the Old City with Progress...Jaffa Gate.

And finally... there's my contribution... here's the aftermath of a 'Chefetz Chashud' and a little bit of excitement today posted at In the Middle on the Right. In addition my son has a pull up your pants moment while Investigating with Nana.

The next JPIX is in JUNE!!! So start snapping your photos and post away! Leora will once again be hosting so please submit your entries at the JPIX submission form.

5 comments:

Leora said...

Thanks so much. Love all the links! I'll post soon - it's snowing in New Jersey, so I need to work and shop first. Remember white stuff?

So glad you offered to do a JPIX. Greatly appreciated.

G6 said...

Thanks for including me...
With all the Purim prep, I forgot to submit.

Anonymous said...

Great links - I especially love the Purim phot from the past.

This is the first JPIX I've visited, so can't wait until June!

rachel

Batya said...

I love your JPIX. Such nice clean lines....
Thanks!!
ps I "do it" on blogger; call me and I'll explain how.

Phyllis Sommer said...

thanks for the link!

i like this style because it give everyone the traffic back to their own blogs. good job!!!!