Thursday, December 27, 2007

Driving through the Hot Zone

Originally posted March 7, 2001

Things have been escalating here.

No longer content in setting bombs in 'just' Jerusalem, the terrorists have moved to other cities. Tel Aviv, Afula, Hadera, Netanya.

If any good can come of this, perhaps it is that the leftists in these cities are finally beginning to realize that if it can happen in Jerusalem, it can happen anywhere.

It isn't a matter of disputed land or sovereignty.

The Arabs want it all. At all costs.

Which is what many of us have been saying all these years.

Good morning.

Last night the two roads to the settlement were closed. Arabs were shooting on one road and throwing stones on the other. I heard the gunshots...and blocked it out when it wasn't followed by the wail of an ambulance siren.

God help me...I'm becoming inured to it...I shake my head and sigh and hope for SOMETHING.

This morning I took a ride with someone to Jerusalem. He drove with his M16 in one hand, across his chest with the barrel out the open window. The guy sitting next to me had the stock of his Uzi unfolded, finger on the safety and the barrel of his gun out his open window.

I wanted a tank.

I wanted to cry.

I want this to be over.

No comments: