Monday, December 01, 2008

Israeli parents be aware, change in vaccination!

From a friend of mine:

I was at tipat chalav with my son this morning.

Consider yourselves informed...the new MMR vaccine (12 month, and booster in grade 1) is now an MMRV vaccine and INCLUDES THE CHICKEN POX VACCINE!

I was able to decline the V, and they do still give the plain MMR, on request.

For those of you who are interested in the chicken pox vaccine on its own, I was told that if I change my mind he can still get it, so I would assume that it is now included in the sal.


You know, I don't get it. There's enough controversy surrounding vaccinations in general and the MMR specifically, why do something so asinine as to make it even MORE of an issue?

4 comments:

Leora said...

Wow. A post about vaccination.

How dare you even question vaccinations. Harrumph.

Actually, thank you for having the audacity to say something.

Pesky Settler said...

Leora, Israel does not have mandatory vaccination laws for anyone, which I also think is asinine LOL.

Leora said...

Ah. Hmmm. I never know what to say about vaccines. So much conflicting data and anecdotes.

Batya said...

There weren't so many when my kids were little, except that the big ones got the nightmarish small pox one. The fever....