Sunday, January 13, 2008

Today's Photo



Halvah is a confection made mainly from Tehini (a very thin sesame paste) and honey with other ingredients and flavorings added for taste.

In this photo, left to right bottom row: dried fruit, cashews, almonds, walnuts and I'm not sure what's in the very right-hand corner, but it looks like more of the Turkish pistachios which are on the second row, right side. To the left of the Halvah with pistachios is coffee-flavored Halvah and in the background is fresh apricot 'fruit leather'.

2 comments:

BBJ said...

Now I want halvah--thanks a lot!

I'm also wondering about the possibility of making my own. Is it hard? How do you make the tahini harden?

BBJ said...

Hi! Reading your archives, I see you're an SCA person! My husband and I met through the SCA, and although we're inactive now--well heck, news from the Israeli SCA! Are you still playing with them?